IMI L2 Award in Routine Maintenance Activities on Electrically Propelled Vehicles
This course is specifically designed towards a person that may be required to work on or repair an electrically propelled/hybrid vehicle and it contains the knowledge for that person to work safely around a vehicle’s high and/or low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system whilst carrying out routine repairs or maintenance that are not related to the high energy electrical system.
Technicians will gain knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of the dangers surrounding electrically propelled/hybrid vehicles and the precautions to take to avoid potential injury to themselves and others.
This unit is suitable for individuals who will already have appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at level 2, such as technical trainers, automotive technicians, senior technicians, diagnostic technicians and roadside assistance technicians.
The Learner will:
• Be able to identify electrically propelled/hybrid vehicle system components and describe their operation
• Understand the hazards surrounding electrically propelled/hybrid vehicles
• Know how to reduce the risks to themselves and others whilst working on electrically propelled/hybrid vehicles
• Know how to safely prepare the vehicle when carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities on electrically propelled/hybrid vehicles
• Know the levels of currents and voltage that present a hazard and the effects of alternating and direct current on humans
• Know how to work safely on an electrically propelled/hybrid vehicle at an incident scene and the precautions to take to secure the safety of
themselves and others
• Know the appropriate methods to isolate safely the high energy electrical system and carry out a safe method to re-instate the vehicle following
the manufacturer’s instructions
• Know the correct method of connection of an alternative power source (if permissible) to an electrically propelled/hybrid vehicle for the purpose
of jump starting and/or charging the vehicle
• Be able to work safely on an electrically propelled vehicle
On-line Test and Practical Assessments
IMI L2 Award in Routine Maintenance Activities on Electrically Propelled Vehicles (ID No: 600/0526/9)
FAST PASS TRAINING
Fast Pass Ltd T/A Fast Pass Training
Richwill Farm, Oakley Road, Wix, Essex, CO11 2SF
Company No: 06406434 VAT Reg No: 208 7167 04
Fast Pass Ltd is an equal opportunities employer